Work for Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands!
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged. Please do not mail hard copies.
Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring and all other aspects of employment on the basis of gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category.
Current Employment Opportunities
Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands (DCVI) is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven Executive Director to provide leadership to the organization and our in-school arts programming across St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix.
About Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands: DCVI is part of a Global Network of 23 sites across the US and internationally. It was established as a 501(c)3 nonprofit in 2011 to provide the Dancing Classrooms program to elementary and middle schools in the US Virgin Islands. To date, DCVI has provided our program to nearly 5,000 school children in the last eight years and values our partnership with 18 schools across the Territory.
About the Executive Director: The executive director bears daily responsibility for ensuring that the Dancing Classrooms program is fully functional, providing overall operational and programmatic oversight. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading organizational growth and strategic decision-making in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Leading fundraising and donor relations including grant writing, fundraising events, building corporate sponsorships, and developing individual contributor support
- Providing overall financial and operational management of DCVI, including managing budgets, generating reports, and ensuring all payables and receivables are managed promptly
- Coordinating the development of marketing materials
- Providing oversight to DCVI Program Coordinator in support of developing new school contracts, and ensuring overall program quality is taking place
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher
- Minimum 3-5 years of non-profit or related experience within complex and dynamic organizations; (Fund Development, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Education)
- Demonstrated success in a fundraising and event planning role
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to cultivate relationships, communicate, and work with volunteers, donors, foundations, and sponsors
- Positive attitude, creative, flexible, proactive, able to work both independently and with a team
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, leadership, and professionalism
- Computer literate and experience with database management
- Understanding of and passion for in-school arts-education and public school education
- Ability to travel in a personal vehicle
- Ability to travel inter-island
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional events and weekends as needed
To apply, please send your CV/Resume, including at least three references with contact information and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2019.
Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artists are: actors, dancers, individuals who can move with rhythm; have excellent interpersonal skills; love kids; have experience working with 5th & 8th grade children. (This experience could come from teaching school, being a camp counselor, being a Sunday School teacher, even as a parent. Understanding the developmental realities of 11-12 year old children is important); able to work in a team; able to receive performance feedback; work in a classroom; have a generous spirit; a sense of humor, a love of language, of rhythm; willingness to take risks and have fun; professional demeanor and conduct; excellent communication and organizational skills; own a reliable car. individuals who will provide a police background check to the VI Department of Education.
To apply, send your resume and/or bio with a cover letter telling us WHY you want to be a Teaching Artist. Include 2 references with contact information. Kindly send your information via email to Mary Capellas, Program Manager, at email@example.com.