Office Manager & Development Associate – Job Description
The Development Associate and Office Manager Job Description – Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands, Inc.
Reports directly to Executive Director and is responsible for providing the administrative support required to successfully manage both the fund development and office operational support systems needs of Dancing Classrooms Virgin Islands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, implements, monitors and evaluates all fund development activities (Sponsor Thank You Letters, Tax-Exempt Letter, Create File for all sponsor, assist in Sponsor Gift distribution – photo books)
- Collaborate with ED and BOD to assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers for Annual Colors of the Rainbow and VICA reception events; supports and ensures a positive experience in their involvement in development activities, special events and other related activities as required.
- Collaborates with Development Committee (Michele and others) from BOD for specific events committees as required.
- Collaborates with ED and BOD to develop and implement strategies to enhance communications with prospective donors, corporate sponsors, foundations and existing donors.
- Collaborates with ED and BOD to cultivates and maintains relationships with new and existing donors and supporters.
- Collaborates to create donor recognition, including acknowledgements and annual events.
- Ensures accurate maintenance of donor relation records and stewardship program and processes.
- DCVI has a new logo and branding guidelines – collaborate with ED to update program materials and website with new branding, graphic standards and marketing for all programs, events and publications.
- Collaborates with ED and Board Pres on fund development and other awareness activities.
- Develops and coordinates production of the organization’s annual report, newsletter, web-site and social media communications.
- Collaborate with ED to set up nonprofit business banking account
- Collaborate with ED to set up new office space
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of in-house administrative, communication and office support systems including file review, office supply and material orders;
- Coordinate physical office space, evaluate and recommend improvements for filing and record retention systems
- Prepare checks to be mailed or picked up by staff.
- Entering receipts in QB
- Record keeping and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related field (Fund Development, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of non-profit or related experience within complex and dynamic organizations; Knowledge of non-profit organizational culture preferred
- Display a strong sense of sophistication and collaborative strategic approach to fundraising.
- Experience and demonstrated success in a fundraising role and event planning.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to confidently communicate via phone and in-person
- Ability to cultivate relationships, communicate and work with volunteers, donors, foundations and sponsors.
- Ability to motivate, win commitment from and organize volunteers.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of database management; open to develop experience with fund development software and implement new ideas from Webinars, etc. Ex: Charity How To: https://charityhowto.com/nonprofit-webinar/dashboards-for-nonprofits?inf_contact_key=3620d8d57f4c154134d1d328adfd8c60a280034c6d09e30f215dbe97c714e261
- Positive attitude, creative, flexible, proactive and works independently and within a team environment.
- Experience working effectively and respectfully with members of senior leadership team and program management team.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, leadership qualities and professional decorum.
- Ability to travel in personal vehicle, insurance
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as an occasional evenings or weekend as needed
Salary: $18.00 hour
5 hours/week or 20 hours/month?